Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's for Dinner - Week of 2/14/11

Ah, it's Valentine's week.  Unfortunately, in this household of boys it is rather anti-climatic.  Thankfully, Mark remembered and got me a very nice gift.  I also remembered, but one rather small boy, who shall remain nameless (Rowan), ruined my surprise with a total guess.  Drats!

Funny enough, I was at Target on Monday and it was quite humorous the number of men who were in the card section.  I've never seen quite so many men in one section of Target before!  Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

I made two, yes two, heart cakes for Cake Bingo at school yesterday.  They were very pretty; I wish I had remembered to take a picture before I sent them off.  Not a single boy of mine won a cake to bring home though.  Of course, if I had made one for home, all four boys would have come home with a cake!  There was enough candy to make up for the lack of cake.

On to the dinners . . .

Monday:  Ravioli Lasagna, green beans, bread
                 I always rant about how much I love lasagna.  This is soooo easy to put together it almost makes me never want to make another traditional lasagna ever again.

Tuesday:  Tangy Flank Steak, mashed potatoes
                 My children love steak.  The weather has been getting nicer; I am looking forward to putting this on the grill!

Wednesday:  Zesty Baked Salmon, rice pilaf, asparagus
                 We have a crazy night on Wednesday.  Hopefully I will be able to pull this meal off.  Hopefully it will go over well.  Everyone has been liking salmon lately.

Thursday:  Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, chips, crudites
                  I bought these on a whim from Market Day last month and they were a huge hit with all six boys.  I don't get it, but I am going to score major points by having them again this month.

Friday:  Omelets, hash browns
                  Breakfast for dinner!  Yeah!

Saturday:  Baseball Silent Auction/Dinner Fundraiser

Sunday:  Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
                   Easy weekend!

Enjoy the rest of the week!




I am participating in Menu Plan Monday over at http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

No comments:

Post a Comment