Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bloody Sneakers

I had an "epic" run on Saturday. 

First off, we were scheduled to run 8 miles.  No biggie.  We've done 8 miles a couple of times already in this round of training.  I can do 8 miles.

Secondly, our group decided to road trip to a local metropolitan park so that we could run bigger and more hills.  No problem.  I can run or walk hills if need be.  I'm not going to let that bother me.  Actually, I was bothered more by the fact that we would have to wake up a half hour earlier to make it to the park in time for the run!

Lastly, it had been raining for a full 24 hours prior to the run and continued to rain throughout the entire run.  And rain hard.  Did I mention the puddles?  It was almost bad enough to warrant wearing a bathing suit.

Did I mention the hills?!

Well . . . the run went great.  Everyone in my group did wonderfully.  We ran strong and endured the rain and the hills and the mileage.  The worst part was stopping and realizing just how cold and waterlogged we were.

It wasn't until I was home, and warm and dry, that I looked at my sneakers and discovered that I had hit yet another running milestone.  Bloody sneakers!


Yuck!
It is always great to hit those milestones.  But, I think I would have been happy avoiding this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment