Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's for Dinner - Week of 3/7/11

Better late than never, right?

The weather here in Columbus has been alternating between beautiful and ghastly.  Currently we are at ghastly with non-stop rain.  Of course, I am scheduled to run 7 miles tonight and two boys are starting with baseball.  Ugh!  I fear for April showers. 

This week is crazy as we start into our Lenten season with Ash Wednesday.  Thankfully, things will be a little easier now that the boys are eating more fish!  Rowan was even saying that he wanted to try some other types of fish, so I may have to "accommodate" him.  He will certainly have to be reminded of this conversation when dinner time comes around.

This is the time of year where I really try to clean out my freezer and pantry.  I hate to call it a "pantry challenge" because I fear that I am just not up to the task.  I know that I will have to go to the grocery store and buy additional food to supplement what I find in the freezer.  There are just too many appetites to fulfil!

Monday:  Pasta with Herbed Butter, broccoli
                 Very much like pasta with a pesto sauce.  I will add a pound of Italian sausage to appease the boys.

Tuesday:  Smorgasbord, carrots
                 We have a lot of left-overs to finish up.  Everyone's favorite (not)!

Wednesday:  Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, tomato soup
                  I have brie cheese for the adults and good old American and provolone for the boys.  I should be able to pull off this meal with the crazy night we have ahead of us.

Thursday:  Catfish with Stewed Tomatoes, yellow rice, asparagus
                 Rowan is getting his wish and we are going to try catfish.  Hmmmm, we'll see!

Friday:  Fish Fry at Church
                  Lent is known for the fish frys!

Saturday:  Out for a charity dinner
                  This is a corned beef dinner for a school charity event.  We even get to work the bar!

Sunday:  Smorgasbord, salad
                 Believe it or not, we will still have leftovers that need to be finished off.  Need to get the fridge cleaned out before I can tackle the freezer.

Have a great week!  Enjoy!



I am participating in Menu Plan Monday over at http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

Stay tuned!  I hope to have some more reviews and a giveaway later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment