Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Friday, March 11, 2011

Extreme Couponing

Did you watch the show on TLC several months ago called "Extreme Couponing"?

Conor watched the show with me and was quite impressed.  The funny thing;  he thought that I ought to take up extreme couponing like the people they profiled.  Interestingly, when I asked him if he would help me, he promptly and loudly exclaimed "No!".  Nevertheless, he wanted to benefit from having a room full of snack foods and the like. 

I, however, felt that the show was a little "extreme".  Honestly, 1000 boxes of Total cereal?

Check out what I scored on Thursday evening though:


The amazing thing was that I was actually paid to walk out of the store with this! 

How?! 

I paid $3.95 for 5 cups of cereal and received $8.00 in register rewards (coupons to use at Walgreens).  I did this transaction twice for a total of 10 cereal cups and walked out with the cereal and $16.00 to use at Walgreens another day.

The best part of all . . . my children don't even like Fruity Pebbles.  So, this cereal will be donated to my local food pantry.  I got paid to donate food!

Love it!

Check out http://www.hip2save.com/ for more great deals like this.  Just don't be surprised if my Walgreens is "cleaned out"!

No comments:

Post a Comment