Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm Apologizing Already

 I've been working with Liam's second grade class for the past 2 weeks on a yummy
project to fit in with their unit on friendship.  Yes, friendship bread!  As most people
know,  friendship bread is that wonderful cinnamon bread that will, in actuality, 
kill most friendships if you inflict the batter on someone.  The bread, though, is quite good.

At any rate, Liam's teacher asked me to come in and do this with the class.  So, we made starter, we mashed and we fed, until it was time to actually bake, ten days later.
 
Imagine the wonder of baking with twelve eight year-olds.  Imagine cracked eggs running all over the floor.  (I see salmonella poisoning in the future.)  Imagine twelve delicious loaves of bread for the class to enjoy and distribute.  They all had a great time and Liam just loves to cook!

But, part of the process entails splitting the batter up to share.  Thus my apology to all of the second grade families whose children came home with batter filled bags in their backpacks.  Please feel free to throw it away. 

I won't take it personally. 

Really, I won't!
   
The final product

If you are interested, there are lots of recipes on the web.  I found mine at http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/03/05/amish-friendship-bread/.

By the way, the tilapia was a huge hit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment