Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 2013 Birchbox

"Best Year Ever" is the theme for the January 2013 Birchbox which arrived for me this week.

Birchbox is the first beauty subscription service that I subscribed to over a year ago.  $10 a month gets you 4 - 6 sample sized offerings in a range of beauty products.  Sometimes you will even get a fashion or food treat thrown in!  Birchbox tailors their boxes to a profile that you fill out.  My understanding is that there are approximately 35 different boxes shipped out each month.  My box is probably completely different from yours.

This month my box looked like this:


First appearances


And upon opening:
Everything inside




The first item in my box was alessandro Nail Polish in Blue Lagoon.  This was a nice French blue color and a good sized sample.  I think it will look good on my toes, and if I'm brave enough maybe even my fingers!  I love mini nail polishes as I can never see myself finishing a full size bottle of polish.  Ever.

Next up was theBalm cosmetics Put a Lid on It Eyelid Primer.  I have used eyelid primer in the past and do think it makes a difference with eyeshadows staying power.  I look forward to trying this.

somewhat blurry but you get the idea




I also got a sample of Harvey Prince perfume:  Skinny Chic.  I really like this fresh citrus scent.  I'm just bummed that my little pump bottle is not working properly.  Ugh!

Ojon damage reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum was also included to smooth and hydrate hair.  It's a small sample, but as it is an oil, I expect it will last awhile.  My hair can definitely use it this time of year!


Lastly, as my "beauty extra" I received two packets of Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream.  I have used other Fresh products in the past and have liked them.  I appreciate the fact that I was sent two samples to really give this product a try.

Two "extras"!





All in all, I'm happy with this month's Birchbox.  I think it is a win for $10 a month.  I can also earn points by going on their site and reviewing the products I received.  Points can be redeemed towards full sized purchases!

Check Birchbox out:  https://www.birchbox.com?raf=jsc3n

Disclosure:  My Birchbox subscription was purchased by me.  I receive no compensation for my review.  All opinions are my own. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment