Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Girly-Girl

I am not a girly-girl.  It's hard to be with five boys.  But, honestly, I wasn't ever really one before the children either.  I wear my hair the same way, every day.  I wear the same jewelry, every day.  I pretty much wear a variation of the same clothes, every day.  I don't really like heels; they hurt.  I don't enjoy facials and massages.  I don't do my nails.

Now, I do like a good pedicure in the summer, or if I am going on vacation.  I like the idea of a manicure, but it just hasn't ever worked for me.  I can ruin a manicure, and have, before I even get into the car to go home.  Doing my fingers at home hasn't ever worked for me either.  There is always someone who has to have a bottom wiped, pants zipped, or shoes tied.  And, I am obsessive about hand washing.  It could be my medical professional background or just all those bottoms!  Plus, honestly, I do about 3000 dishes a day and fold like 8000 clothes.  It's just no use!

Well, my friend, Jaime was raving the other day (see this post) about this great manicure she had, with gel nails.  They looked marvelous, and her manicure was almost a week old.  And, she had been doing dishes, changing diapers, and wiping bottoms!  So, I had to check it out . . .


Had to go with red!




I am thoroughly impressed!  The best thing, is that they are not "artificial".  Nothing was glued to my nails, and my nails were not sanded down; so no possibility of infections.  Yeah!

I will keep you updated on the condition of my mani.  I may become a girly-girl yet!

By the way, the boys are going to flip when they see me with painted nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment