Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Monday, January 24, 2011

Housekeeping

Ha!  I fooled you!  (I meant the figurative kind of housekeeping.)

Just a few things that have been on my mind . . .

My nails update:  Shockingly, much better than I expected.  My left hand looks wonderful, but growing out.  My right (dominant) hand, which endures all the abuse, is the worse for wear.  I have broken two nails and severely chipped another.  It is truly amazing to me that they have lasted this long though.  I don't get another mani until next week, so we will see how they fair for the rest of the week.



Left, looking good!



Right, a little rough!





My mother just sent me some fingerless gloves she knitted.  Love, love, love them!!


Thanks Mom!!

And lastly, a very cool thing.  There is a website for book fans, not dissimilar from Facebook.  It is called goodreads (http://www.goodreads.com/).  You can see my widget to the right.  You can get book reviews, book suggestions and, better yet, keep track of books that you have read and books that you want to read.  You can also connect with your friends who enjoy books!  Check it out and feel free to friend request me.

As far as being MIA . . .the children had a snow day last week, on Friday.  So, they went to school a total of three days last week.  My hat is off to those who homeschool.  I don't know how you do it.  They would eat me alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment