Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What's for Dinner - Week of 1/10/11

This has been a crazy week already, and it's only Tuesday!

It's amazing to me to look at other people's meal plans.  So many people plan out breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I thought that I was being so good planning out a week's worth of dinners!  Breakfast around here during the week is usually pretty hectic.  I typically act like a short order cook making everyone's choice, but it's all really easy stuff:  instant oatmeal, freezer waffles and pancakes, poptarts and cold cereal.  Lunch is fairly boring, usually with just myself and Rowan eating PB&J (my personal favorite).  The older ones either pack or buy lunch at school.  Weekends are when those meals become a little more structured.  I will usually cook one "big" breakfast; almost always it includes bacon.  Lunch will be subs or sometimes leftovers.  I guess that by knowing that the children get their choices for breakfast and lunch I don't feel so bad if they don't particularly like a dinner I prepare (I only offer one option for dinner, take it or leave it).  They don't have that long til their next meal!

For this week . . . .

Monday:  Pork Tenderloin, brown rice, green beans
                 Nothing fancy.

Tuesday:  Takeout from City BBQ
                 This is for a fundraiser for our school.  Hard to turn it down when it is a favorite!

Wednesday:  Tortilla Casserole, salad
                  The recipe is from Everyday Food magazine.  It is a "lighter" recipe, but I will add in a pound of ground beef to appease the boys.

Thursday:  Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, french fries, crudites
                  Also from the above magazine.  This is a crockpot recipe.  Bonus!

Friday:  Out to dinner for hockey game
                   Go Jackets!!

Saturday:  Leftovers
                    Lots of goodies to eat up!

Sunday:  Spicy Black Bean Soup, corn muffins, salad
                    Everyone pretty much likes black bean soup here.  The fact that it is labeled "spicy" should make it a hit.

Have a good week.

Enjoy!



I am participating in Menu Plan Monday over at http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

No comments:

Post a Comment