Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Adventures in feeding, parenting and generally managing a household of five boys

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Rowan!

My baby is six tomorrow!

We celebrated Rowan's birthday today.  Tomorrow is looking like it's going to be a crazy day, so we decided to take advantage of a less crazy today.  Rowan was all about getting presents a day early, so no complaints from him!

My children usually choose to have ice cream cakes for their birthdays, but Rowan chose for me to bake his cake.  I am not the best baker, despite the fact that I like to cook.  It is probably lack of practice more than anything else.  Mark and the rest of the boys just don't eat baked goods.  I, on the other hand, would eat only baked goods if given the chance.  So, I stopped giving myself the chance.  Funny enough, Rowan was very into decorating his cake.  Frosting looked good, but the candy "Happy Birthday" looked better.  Then we had to add his name.  How about a lot of sprinkles? 

A cake only a six year old would love!

Rowan chose the dinner of Raising Cain's chicken fingers, french fries and steamed artichokes.  Rowan had to keep reminding me all day that he got the red plate today!  It's a little birthday/special day tradition in our family.


Red plate special!



Lots of off key singing, makes for a very giggly boy!

Can't stop laughing!

It's amazing to me how big they are all getting, one birthday at a time.



Happy Birthday sweet Rowan!

No comments:

Post a Comment